The organ in Paal, which consists of one manual with 11 stops and a pull-down pedal, was built by Jean-Joseph Delhaye from1835 to 1836 who was the last but one descendant of a renowned family of organ builders. They were active in the southern Netherlands from the beginning of the 18th century until the middle of the 19th century, a period which corresponds to the late baroque and the transition to the romantic style. Only a few of the 40 instruments built by Jean Joseph Delhaye have been preserved and the organ in Paal seems to be the one which contains the greatest deal of original elements.
All the original elements of the organ were carefully restored and the missing stops reconstructed. The lower case, which is probably not the original, was replaced by a new one which perfectly complements the upper case despite its display of contemporary features. A small double rise bellows was placed in the lower case. The instrument was enhanced both visually and tonally by its transferal from the gallery to the right side of the transept where the space was especially arranged for the organ and choir.
C – f '''
Prestant 8' superius c#'
Trompet 8' bas / discantus
Basson 8' bas / Hobo 8' discantus
C – d '
Hoofdwerk / Pedaal